HOMEOSTASIS: The property of a system in which variables are regulated so that internal conditions remain stable and relatively constant.
Internal processes operate to keep the conditions in our body within tight limits to allow metabolic chemical reactions to proceed. Homeostatic processes act at the level of the cell, the tissue and the organ, as well as for the organism as a whole.
Our Body Systems
- The Immune System is geared towards impeccable housekeeping; destroying and eliminating harmful pathogens and any toxins that we may absorb, swallow or breathe.
- The Circulatory System provides nutrients and especially oxygen to nearly all of the tissues and cells of the body and then absorbs toxins and metabolic waste products for elimination.
- The Gastrointestinal and Respiratory Systems are designed to absorb nutrients from food and air and eliminate the byproducts of metabolism.
- The Muscular and Skeletal Systems provide mobility and structure.
- The Endocrine System secretes hormones that help keep a very delicate balance in the overall functioning of all systems.
- The Nervous System is an electrical grid that is optimized for communication between systems to ensure quick response and attention to the needs of each of these systems.
Sessions are designed to address imbalances in one or more of these systems and depending on the extent of the imbalance can make a difference in a single session. More involved imbalances might benefit from multiple sessions in a few days or weeks or even regular sessions over a longer period of time. By receiving one or more light-touch wellness therapies, we may begin to address some of the issues caused by stress or injuries acquired in our daily lives.